expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

January 26, 2016

Share Your Struggles

Why is it so hard to come up with a blog post? 

Perhaps it's because blogs are for promoting stuff, and my stuff isn't on the shelves yet!


Perhaps it's because the things I really want to share are so personal or faith-based. 


What do I want to write about? Well, love stories, of course. But besides that, I want to inspire people, give them hope, give them something to smile about. 


So, this is what I want to tell the world today: If you're feeling down or depressed or have no idea how things are going to work or even if they will work out. Don't give up! Don't give up, and ask for help. There is no shame in needing support. I think I have learned that the hard way. I'm independent! I tell myself. I'm self-sufficient! I'm efficient, I'm strong, I'm resilient. And I am. But, I can't always be that way. 

The truth is, I am stronger when I share my struggles with someone else. I am stronger when I have a shoulder to cry on. There is something about a sincere human connection that binds up wounds and heals broken hearts. Two cords bound together are stronger than one and three cords bound together are stronger than two and so forth. And together they can all withstand the cold. 

Everyone is on a different journey in life and since we are all here together, we might as well lift each other up. That is what so many people have done for me. And I am better for it. 

No comments: