expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

April 4, 2017

A Day to Celebrate 15 Things

Today is a day to celebrate!
 
Did you know today (March 21) is a day to celebrate all of these things?
 
 
Today is International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination!
Today is International Day of Forests!
Today is Memory Day!
Today is National California Strawberry Day!
Today is National Common Courtesy Day!
Today is National Day of Action on Syringe Exchange!
Today is National Flower Day!
Today is National Fragrance Day!
Today is National French Bread Day!
Today is National Single Parents' Day!
Today is National Teenager Day!
Today is World Down Syndrome Day!
Today is World Poetry Day!
Today is World Puppetry Day!
Today is World Social Work Day!
 
 
I'm still wondering about the Action on Syringe Exchange. Who knew that was a thing?
 
Today I would like to celebrate Memory Day! I love writing in my journal, taking pictures and keeping memories.
I have a Handy Diary App on my phone. When I look at the month at a glance, it shows the emoji I put in for that day, i.e. smiley face, angry face, teary face, green (sick) face. It's fun to look back and see how my overall month went.
Here are some random things I came across as I scrolled back in time.

HUGE SMILEY face:
  • I had an amazing Mother's Day! I usually hate Mother's Day.
  • My kids did an amazing job at their piano recital! Flawless!
  • MY BOOK SIGNING IS TODAY!
  • I'm going to be the soprano soloist in the Messiah!
SAD Face:
  • Today totally sucks.
  • I want to stop worrying.
REGULAR SMILEY face:
  • I love carnivals and rides and roller coasters and slides and crowds and loud fun!
  • Bought elbow pads and knee pads today for the kids to rollerblade with. Now they are rollerblading with them all around the house!
ANGRY Face:
  • WHY???
  • LAME!!!
 
SICK Face:
  • Awake for three whole hours last night, but the kids keep bringing glasses of water now, which is really cute.
 
IN LOVE Face:
  • I'm so proud of my girl. She just got her blue belt in Taekwondo. She is so talented, so capable and remarkable.
  • My kids paid for half the price of their snakes. They've worked so hard. My boy earned $45. My girl $70.
  • I love my God. I am so grateful for Him.
 
The coolest thing about looking back on my life is that I can see my progress, my children's progress, my family's progress. To see I got through those times I didn't think I could get through. To remind myself that life is good. Sure, it's hard too. But there is a lot to be grateful for and a lot worth living for. 

No comments: