expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

October 20, 2023

Review of Sara's War - reviewer Justine Ocsebio - OnlineBookClub.org

I have a hard time getting my books in front of people with clout. So I submitted Sara's War for review with OnlineBookClub. Justine Ocsebio read my book in full and gave me a 5-Star Review!

Here's what she said: 

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sara's War" by Brenda Hodnett.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review


The third World War has begun, and the U.S. has finally joined to stop an evil dictator. Amidst mass destruction and death, a woman became a symbol of hope. Sara's War by Brenda Hodnett is a novel that tells the story of Sara, a medical student who got drafted into the war after the death of her husband. A year has just passed, yet Sara was still learning to pick up the pieces and heal from such a devastating loss. During her service in the army, she met a charming man named Jack. What role will Jack play in Sara's life? Will joining the armed forces help her forget what she has lost?

This novel is a heartwarming tale of love, grief, and hope. The depressing environment that the war brings stands in contrast to Sara's journey toward healing and love. What I like the most about this book is the romance that blossoms in the narrative. It is a breath of fresh air, something that allows you to feel those warm butterflies in your stomach. I like how it does not romanticize war. In fact, I find the war narrative in the background realistic. The romance aspect is situated at the center of the story as a symbol of hope, which is wonderful when I think about it.

The book does a perfect job of making a melancholic and bittersweet narrative with a believable protagonist. Sara's sentiments, especially her grief, are so full of emotions that they feel realistic. I like characters that feel three-dimensional, so the book earns a positive point for that.

I don't have anything to dislike about the book. The writing style fits the story. It is not overly poetic nor too straightforward that it renders the narrative dull. The emotional resonance is enough to make me care about the characters. There aren't any errors in the text, so it is safe to conclude that the book has excellent editing quality.

Sara's War deserves a perfect score, so I'm awarding this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I like the writing style, the romance aspect, and the themes that this book attempts to convey. There are no issues to mention nor aspects to dislike that will merit a deduction of a star. This book is an interesting literary novel that will cater to readers looking for a heartwarming story about love and war.



Here's the link to the official review, if you want to verify it. 



I hope you pick up Sara's War, too! This book is my baby! (You know, after my real babies.) 😍😍




No comments: